Resilient design. Innovative growth. Two dancing, copper-clad towers connected by a skybridge.
- Property Type:
- Construction Type:
- Year Built:
- Square Footage:
+/- 896,000 GSF
American Copper is one of the first post-Hurricane Sandy, designed and built, large-scale new construction projects in New York City. The American Copper Buildings presents two bold and dynamic, twisting towers that lean and bend into an unconventional and modern silhouette on New York City’s skyline. The three-story skybridge, perched 300 feet in the air, connects the two towers and creates the communal heart of the property through its robust amenity program, including the iconic Skybridge pool.
But it’s the north and south faces that observers remember, in part because they make the building feel like an old analog photo emerging from the chemical bath.
A living finish of copper patinas over time, like the Statue of Liberty
They look the way Robert Moses might have envisioned them after a few days at Burning Man.
Delicately perched between the two towers, a diamond in a tension ring.
The New York skyline is never short of surprises, but a copper-clad, three-storey, 100-ft-long skybridge adjoining two twisting towers is stretching it, even for the city that never sleeps.
The first step in building the three-story Skybridge was throwing a piece of string from one building to another. Two enormous trusses make up the bridge, weighing 34,000 pounds and 30,000 pounds, respectively. In addition to providing the residential lounge and iconic lap pool—where one can swim from one tower to another—the bridge is functional and efficient, transferring the electric and condenser water from one tower to another.
- Landscaped rooftop with pool and outdoor shower
- Sky bar and open air lounge
- Rooftop dining and grilling
- 75 ft Skybridge lap pool and whirlpool
- Skybridge lounge
- Skybridge bar
- Chef’s catering kitchen
- Juice and health bar
- Children’s playroom
- Empire studio
- Marble Hammam with plunge pool
- Private spa and treatment rooms
- Double-height fitness center with climbing wall
- Private locker rooms
- Pilates studio
- Dynamic-energy studio
- Sheltered porte cochère and on-site parking with valet services
- Bicycle storage
- Resident storage
- Stroller valet
- East tower restaurant and coffee bar
- SCAPE designed garden park and fountain
- Direct access to Ferry
Sorry, It's Not For Sale.
JDS was committed to investing in really high quality materials through the whole building and that has proven to be really important. in the way it feels every day.
- 761 rental apartments, 20% affordable
- East Tower 48 stories; West Tower 41 stories
- Custom designed, condominium quality finishes
- Floor to ceiling windows
- Sweeping views of the Manhattan skyline, East River, and beyond